Thursday, August 14, 2008

7 Weeks!


Yep.... I officially have a Baby Belly... Make that a TWIN baby belly... (please ignore my streaky mirror in the pic... I obviously have been too lazy to clean). I have a feeling I'm going to get huge, but that's fine with me as long as they're big babies!! I'm sort of excited to be showing so soon, but at the same time I was hoping to hide it from co-workers until we're out of the first-tri. Oh well! Maybe I'll just wear baggy shirts and no one will notice for a few more weeks. So far my biggest complaint is being tired all the time. Other than that, the nausea and heartburn are manageable, and I hardly notice that my boobs are sore either... guess I just got used to it! We have another ultrasound scheduled for the 26th of this month, and then our first OB appointment on the 24th of next month! YAY! I can't wait to be back with my OB again. He seriously rocks :) I've been having crazy vivid dreams again like I did when preggo with R. You know the type where you wake up and acutally believe what you dreamed really happened?? Well this morning I apparently dreamed that S was running late for work and asked me to pack him a lunch... so imagine the look on his face when he found me in the kitchen this morning at 3:30 am, making a turkey sandwich... he said, "Are you that hungry?", I said "No, I can't have lunchmeat... you asked me to make your lunch..." he says "Babe, it's 3:30 in the morning... I'm pretty sure I don't need lunch right now." haha!! Sort of embarassing, but he understands :) I don't know why I didn't realize that it was still dark outside and he doesn't leave for work until 1 in the afternoon... so how could he be running late that early in the morning??
Anyways, tonight I'm going to start working on my neice's baby shower gift (yes I'm a Great-aunt... this is her second baby!) and of course I'll be helping at church again tonight. I also need to get a move on reading the book for my book club. Again it's another book that I really just can't get into... maybe I'm just not the type to read books of substance. If I'm going to make time to sit down and read, I want something like a murder mystery or a psychological thriller... something that is pretty mindless and will let me escape reality for awhile. Our current book (The Rape of Nanking) is just a little too depressing for me I think... I know it really happened, and more people should be educated about the horrors that happened to the Chinese at the hands of the Japanese, but I just can't read much at a time before I start getting a little depressed. I'm going to look up some light-hearted funny books to suggest for next month.

No comments: