Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Life in the Fishbowl...

I think that's what I'm going to call my new pregnancy blog that I'll be starting for just the pregnancy (since it has definitely taken over this one). M & D are going to have their own for their friends and family to view, and they'd like to be able to link to mine so their family can read my thoughts and how I'm feeling, etc. I would just let them link to this one, but since it's public and I sensor names (and I ramble about things in my "normal" life that would probably just bore them) I figured it would be better to just have a separate one just for the Lil Fishies. I figure "Life in the Fishbowl" is appropriate, because first I plan on my belly being so round that it will look like a fishbowl, second because of the nickname we gave the twins, and third because I sort of feel like I am in a fishbowl sometimes! When you have this many people involved in making a baby, no matter where you turn, someone is looking at you, either they want to feed you, they want to inspect you, or they just find you exciting to watch because they've never seen a "Surrogate" fish before. The attention isn't really getting to me, but I am still looking forward to the point when this is just treated like a "normal" pregnancy... if there is such a thing with a twin pregnancy. I can't wait to go see my OB and have one of those 15 minute appointments... ya know, get weighed, ask the doc a couple questions for which he always has an answer, hear the babies heartbeats on the doppler, then make another appointment for a couple weeks later on my way out the door. Don't get me wrong... I'm not saying I don't want my doc to treat me differently than with a singleton, but I'm just truly hoping and praying for an uneventful, smooth ride of a pregnancy. I don't expect a "textbook" pregnancy, but just uneventful would be great.

On other topics, S is going to be switching jobs at the prison, which is both good and bad. He's going to the transportation team and will have weekends and holidays off (GOOD!). The bad part is there's lots of overtime required, and since he's moving to weekends off, that means that R will still need Nana to watch her at least two days a week... if not more due to S working overtime. We were hoping to almost eliminate Nana's babysitting duties, but she was complaining about that anyways, so maybe this is for the best. I just don't like the idea of her being babysat or in pre-school 5 days a week... with our schedules before his move to transportation, we only needed a sitter 3 half-days per week. Oh well... I guess we're becoming more like the "regular" working family, where both parents work mon-fri. We'll also probably have to find a new Life Group to meet with at our church ::cry:: Our current group meets Monday evenings, and obviously that won't work for S anymore. I might have to go by myself until we can find one that meets on Saturdays (if such a thing exists!).

Anyways, I've been at work for over 30 minutes now, and haven't touched a thing... better get something done!!

1 comment:

Jenifer said...

Oh I hope I get to read the pregnancy blog too ;)

I kinda like all the attention. I always was kind of an outgoing person, a performer in dance and music.... I kinda like the spotlight.

Especially since my husband is very supportive but has never really been the "doting" type. I didn't get much in the way of special treatment when I was pregnant with my own.... I am looking forward to the pampering and the questions (as long as they are not negative!)

Enjoy it..... your a VIP!