Thursday, June 5, 2008

1st entry...

Look up "Mom" in the dictionary... what do you see?

mom - noun. informal. (see "mother")

hmm... well that doesn't help much, does it? What is a "mom"? It's certainly more than just having a kid or two (or 3 or 4). I'd even say that a woman who gives her child up for adoption is still a "mother", but not a "mom". This is just my opinion on the matter, of course, but to me there is a huge difference... I am not just a mother... I am a wife, a cadastral mapping tech (don't ask more on that later), a chauffeur, a cook, a maid, a nurse, a story-teller, an artist, a crafter, a dancer, an acrobat, a clumsy clown, a gardener, a christian, a sinner, a lover, a self-conscious 24 (soon to be 25) year old that feels like being a "mom" is the best thing in the universe. I wouldn't trade it for anything. This is my blog about anything, and everything, and ultimately what my definition of "mom" is... feel free to disagree, after all, not even the dictionary has a definition for the word.

A little about me: I'm 24, I have a wonderful husband "S" to whom I have been married to for almost 2 yrs, I am the step-mom to a wonderful 8 yr. old boy, "P" and mom to a red-headed, 3 yr. old daughter "R". I am also in the middle of an IVF cycle to become a Surrogate Mother for a wonderful couple "M & D" . Hopefully I'll be pregnant by this time next moth :) I work full time for the local county offices. I'm a cadastral mapping technician, which basically means I draw property maps for tax assessment purposes. Before you flame me, I DO NOT calculate your taxes... I just keep track of the actual property maps... like if a farmer sells off his 20 acres and it gets developed into tiny subdivision lots and streets. Over the last few months my family has started going back to church, and we are loving every minute. I had truly thought my life was great before, but it is just so much more fulfilling now. As far as hobbies go, I enjoy working on our yard, crafting just about anything, sewing, reading (love james patterson), playing with our animals: 1 cat, 1 dog, 1 horse, I've started experimenting with cooking lately, and of course I love anything and everything to do with babies & kids. I even sell BabyCrazy products (www.iambabycrazy.com/335) In fact I almost forgot!! I'm supposed to help with the church daycare tonight... those kids are always entertaining, so I'm sure I'll have a story to tell tomorrow....

No comments: